Thanksgiving came and went and Hoor and I survived our first Thanksgiving away from our families. The laughs we shared in the kitchen and during dinner distracted my homesickness. Thanks Hoor! We enjoyed a nice, quiet dinner here with a lot of yummy dishes, which later provided us with a lot of leftovers! It’s so hard cooking for just two people. Family, next year I'm hosting Thanksgiving here!
We Skyped with a lot of family and friends that day as my brother’s phone was passed around the table at the Bhanpuri’s. That was the highlight of my day, other than not burning anything. Actually, I take that back, I burned my arm pretty badly when I was taking my first ever apple pie out of the oven. I’m happy to report that my arm is beginning to heal and the pie was delicious!
During the holiday weekend we were also able to fit in two beach days! It was a little breezy, but still beautiful! The weather here has been one of the most discussed topics on the news in South Florida.
| A windy afternoon at Fort Lauderdale Beach. |
A cold front moved in earlier this week leaving us with temps in the mid-70s during the day and 60s during the evening. It is quite comfortable for us, but Floridians who have been here for some time are layering up and beginning to wear sweaters and boots! This cracks me up! But who knows, maybe they’re laughing at me with my sleeveless dresses and sandals in the dead of winter.
South Florida is ready for the holidays! We even had snow!
No comments:
Post a Comment